1971 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

Book Review - View From The Edge by Michael Kasenow

9780741470973 - Michael Kasenow

When I started reading this novel I did not want it to end, I absolutely loved this book.  Reading the authors background it is evident that he has drawn on all his life experiences to produce an excellent novel.

Based around Joshua Feenics, a University Professor, who is recovering from a psychotic breakdown and returns to work to find himself questioning his life's meaning and purpose.

Whilst reading and following the professors thoughts and problems he has, the reader may see a lot of themselves, such as the doubts about our work, the troubles we all experience in our marriages and the love we have and really want to show to our children.  As we go through the problems he faces, he absorbs himself into his work and helps others to try and solve their problems, so he can hide and shield himself from the reality check, sound familiar?

The authors style of writing and language is really easy to follow and understand.  The book has an excellent twist towards the end on two fronts, which adds even further enjoyment to an already excellent read.  I think the main reason that I enjoyed and relished this novel was that I could see alot of myself in the main character.  This is a novel that I would strongly recommend to anyone and I hope that the author will produce more work along similar lines.

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com