1971 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

Card School - Andrew Milner

Ever read Tom Brown School days, if you have then you will love this story. An excellent novel full of emotion, leading the main character through his escapades and adventures which will take him to his ultimate destiny.

Based around a boarding school the author has shown he has done his research into what it is like to be a boarder and the tradition of the school. Every boarding school has secrets which are held by staff, past pupils and most importantly by the head.

When his parents are killed and not wanted by his aunt, Michael Dawson is sent to Saint Sebastians Academy. As Michael finds his place in the school, learning the rules and traditions it leads him to the local woods where the first of the strange experiences and sights appear to him.  The traits and characteristics which are ascribed to Michael are first class and make for a very emotive story.

This book had me hooked from the first page, the excellent description of school boarding life and the very strong emotions of a ten year old boy abandoned and alone in the world.  The way that his strength, dreams and hope give him the desire to fulfill his destiny along with a twist thrown in keeps the reader enrapt.

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com