1967 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

Guiamo (The Chronicles of Guiamo Durmius Stolo) - Marshall Best

Books around myths and legends are not normally my cup of tea but this story and the authors style of writing have changed my viewpoint

The story is easy to follow and intriguing and the author makes you want to turn each page in order to keep up and find out what is going to happen to the main character.

We follow Guiamo Durmius Stolo on his quest to find out his true vocation in life, abandoned as an orphan a local fisherman takes him under his wing and quickly realises Guiamo has a special talent and plans out his education to prepare him for the challenges he is going to have to face .

The research and historical facts and language used by the writer is superb and generates the feeling as a reader that you are right there every step of the way.

The writer has the reader intrigued from the first page and I really enjoyed the descriptions of the main characters and their escapades and the excellent way that to develop Guiamo they had to go and seek advice and knowledge from different sources. The different sources lead Guiamo to the Druids, attaining a magical weapon and the ability to understand animals

The author has a way with his words and text which really appealed to me and found that I couldn't put it down and was enjoying it that much I didn't want it to finish.

This was the first book in a series of four and cannot wait to find out what is in store for our hero. An excellent read which could appeal across a wide range of ages and will stand the test of time.

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com