1968 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

To Fall in Love Again - David Burnett

A lovely gentle romance which nicely focuses on a mature relationship and all the joys and negatives that this can bring. It's a nice mellow read with delightful characters that you will want to relax with and enjoy.

We start with such a sad beginning as before Drew's wife dies she makes him promise that he will remarry and be happy. On the other side of the coin we have Amy whose cheating husband kills himself on the day divorce papers are filed. Fates plays a heavy hand to steer them both onto the path of romance, with a little help of friends and family and of course Drew's adorable and funny grandson.

Everything would be fine, if romance and their own personal feelings were all that mattered. But Drew comes from what Amy feels is like another world, with money, extravagant houses and stature, how can she possibly belong? Family are an important part in both lives and their children are obviously protective of their parents and questions are raised about the motives of the other half in the relationship. On top of which both have the grief of their loved ones. They want to be in love but will all this baggage be way too much for them to deal with? I have to say that at one point in the story I wasn't sure which way the relationship would go.

A story of loss, betrayal, love and hope. Another great read from this wonderful author.