1973 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

Trick Soldier (Stories from the Golden Age) - L. Ron Hubbard

When I first received these books through the post I was so excited, seeing the excellent graphics on the covers took me back to my childhood and the memories of running up to the newsagent on a Saturday to read the latest edition of the Victor and the Commando.

The eye catching covers made me want to read them immediately and see if the written word reflected the graphics and I wasn't disappointed as they were full of excitement and adventure as well as having original artwork through the book.

Both books contained five short stories which were written in simple text with excellent descriptions of the characters and scenes allowing you to envisage yourself being there.  Each story carries a moral for the reader to use which ever way he sees fit.

Because these stories reminded me of my youth, where after reading similar stories my friend and I would re enact the adventures in our gardens, I just wish there was a lot more of these type of publications which would speak to the kids of today and inspire their imagination instead of playing the games on a computer.

The books will appeal to readers of all ages, transporting the older generation back to their youth and enable them to share their past with the younger ones of today and would make an excellent bed time story for any inspiring young adventurer.

Seeing this book cover and the amount of time and sheer effort, as well as a lot of care, that it has taken to produce them makes me believe and hope that the written book will survive forever.

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com