1968 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

Fractured Not Broken - Kelly Schaefer, Michelle Weidenbenner

What an amazing story!!  I have never read a book that took me through so many emotions.  The book was really well written from start to finish, and had me wanting to keep going back to read a little bit more.

Kelly is truly an unsung hero, and her family are amazing. When the accident first happened, it made me both upset and angry. Upset at the fact that both Kelly and Jason's lives were going to change so dramatically, and angry that this was caused by some silly man that didn't give a second thought to driving a vehicle under the influence of alcohol, even though he was told not to.

As I read further into the story, I found I could only admire Kelly's determination and courage at the way she handled the change to her whole life, and also the sheer determination of her family to help her achieve everything she wants.

I am so pleased that both Kelly and Jason had such amazing family and friends around them to help them cope with the changes to their bodies, and I hope they both go on to achieve everything they want.

The highlight of the story for me was Kelly achieving her goal to become a teacher and how the children welcomed her with open arms and showed her so much love, and also her wedding.

I hope that Kelly goes on to write a follow on book so that we can find out if she eventually got the children from the Congo and also how both her and Jason's recovery is.

Everyone who complains about minor ailments and everyday problems should read Kelly's book because it really makes you sit up and think how lucky we are and what we can achieve if we put our minds to it.

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/guest-book-review-fractured-not-broken.html