1967 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

Living Better While Living With Pain: 21 Ways to Reduce the Stress of Chronic Pain and Create Greater Ease and Relief TODAY - Sarah Anne Shockley
Our Beck Valley Books Review of Book Review - The Pain Companion Everyday Wisdom for Living With and Moving Beyond Chronic Pain by Sarah Anne Shockley

"A guide to help you not just cope with pain but to understand it as well. The writer users her own experience and techniques to compile this book which can help others. I would like to say thank you to the author for being so honest with her own history of pain which makes the book so sincere.

The chapters are broken down into sections which have excellent descriptions and steps to use in order to help alleviate the pain and at the end of each chapter a summary of the key points which can be used as reminders to move forward. The language and text is very easy to read and is simple to follow. As pain is different for each person the techniques that are described can be used by anyone.

I have good days and bad days with my hips and have found myself going back to the book and reading the chapter which is relevant to me and found it has helped.

Anyone who is going through a major change in their life where an illness or operation is required then this book is a must read, whether you are the patient or being affected by the patients recovery. It will help you understand both sides of pain, the patients and what effect this has on their outlook on life."

Read more on the #book and author here...

Are You Living With Chronic Pain?
The Pain Companion is a practical and compassionate guidebook to chronic pain management and chronic pain relief. The Pain Companion includes 33 specific ways to alleviate chronic pain's emotional and mental stresses that the reader can easily initiate and maintain themselves, and 11 meditative exercises to create a more positive relationship with pain in the body.
"I felt supported, heard, and seen. And that's huge - that helps ease the pain of living with pain." - C. Converse, reader.
The author recognizes that chronic pain is a multi-layered and complex condition that affects every aspect of our lives. The Pain Companion addresses the myriad ways in which pain affects us emotionally - including our sense of self worth, our relationships, and our identity - and how it limits our engagement with life and with others. The book focuses on helping the reader relieve the daily emotional, mental, and physical challenges and stresses of living with chronic pain, and offers specific, practical ways of creating greater ease, well being and resilience on the path to healing.
"I felt so alone on my path, and this book changed my life." - T. Fleetwood, reader.
Hailed as "the go-to book when nothing else works for chronic pain", The Pain Companion is endorsed by physicians, chiropractors, occupational therapists, and psychotherapists working with clients in pain. It is considered by readers to be one of the best books available for those suffering chronic pain, including nerve pain, back pain, pain from surgery, and pain from complex and difficult-to-treat conditions such as fibromyalgia and thoracic outlet syndrome.
"Provides a method of understanding and working through your pain. The simple exercises are extremely helpful." - R. David, reader
Sarah Anne Shockley has lived with debilitating nerve pain from a particularly severe form of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome since 2007, and is also the author of Living Better While Living With Pain. She is a regular columnist for Pain News Network and writes The Pain Companion Blog and The Pain Companion Oasis. Both can be found at www.thepaincompanion.com.
Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/book-review-pain-companion-everyday.html