1967 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

5* review on The Goodbye Year by Kaira Rouda

The Goodbye Year - Kaira Rouda
5* review on The Goodbye Year by Kaira Rouda ...

'What a great book! Completely left in amazement after reading it! These lives and the drama.... Holy moly! This is a book for all to enjoy! Some will relate more than others. But to live or relive the lives these characters have.... not so sure I would! But this book will have you turning the pages wanting to know who and what was coming!' reviews Stormy Nights Reviewing & Bloggin'

Read more on the #book and author here....

Book Description
Melanie, a perfectionist mom who views the approaching end of parenting as a type of death, can’t believe she has only one more year to live vicariously through her slacker senior son, Dane. Gorgeous mom Sarah has just begun to realize that her only daughter, Ashley, has been serving as a stand-in for her traveling husband, and the thought of her daughter leaving for college is cracking the carefully cultivated façade of her life. Will and his wife are fine—as long as he follows the instructions on the family calendar and is sure to keep secret his whole other life with Lauren, the woman he turns to for fun (and who also happens to have a daughter in the senior class).

Told from the points of view of both the parents and the kids, The Goodbye Year explores high school peer pressure, what it’s like for young people to face the unknown of life after high school, and how a transition that should be the beginning of a couple’s second act together—empty nesting—might possibly be the end.
Source: http://stormynightbloginandreviwing.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/the-goodbye-year-giveaway.html