1963 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

Book Review - Dangerous Changes by Joyce T Strand (An Emily Lazzaro Mystery) plus All-New Fire 7 Tablet / $25 Amazon GC Giveaway - 3 Winners!

Dangerous Changes: An Emily Lazzaro Mystery - Joyce T Strand

An excellent novel based around a fraudulent scheme and the real beauty of the book is the real capture of human emotions around the good old formula of trust.

As the main character has moved to start her life afresh, being a newbie in a close community she struggles with her conscious on whether to follow her heart or her head.  The psyche portrayed by all the characters shows that the author has a deep understanding of what makes humans tick and the means they will go to achieve their own pursuits.  With this in mind, as the plot unfolds, you as a reader are left guessing as to what path and who the heroine will turn to in the end.

Having read other Joyce Strand books I always think it is courageous of an author to create new story lines and characters away from those who have been so popular.  In this she does not disappoint, a well written page turning novel with twists and turns with an attachment to human emotions make for a very good read indeed.  Having short chapters gives the reader plenty of time to contemplate what is happening.

The strong message of this book is that in blind faith in those you trust can leave you in a position of desperation.  Follow your instincts and not your heart.

An interesting read for any lover of thrillers and being tested mentally.

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/dangerous-changes-by-joyce-t-strand.html