1969 Followers

Beck Valley Books

Chokecherry by Sheri Meshal Author

Chokecherry - Sheri Meshal

Chokecherry by Sheri Meshal Author

"Chokecherry is now up there with Swallowtail in my favorite book category!" ~ Life as Leels

"This was different from anything I have read before and it kept me captured. It must have been my fastest reading ever as I didn’t want to miss anything." ~ Rachel Simons

"There is love, loss, and even a touch of the supernatural. Seriously this books has it all." ~ This Pretty Little Life

Available now! $2.99
Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JP4223A

Forty-one year old Dana Quinn, a closet writer, career waitress and three-time psych ward patient has just lost her last family member. For Dana to go on, she must create a life meaningful enough to answer her eternal question: why did she alone survive the tour bus crash that killed her family? That’s a tall order for someone who’s barely managed to exist. Never married, in and out of an institution where only her writing saved her, Dana works a dismal job with a few friends she’s managed to keep at a safe distance.

Feeling lost and hopeless in the weeks following Aunt Irma’s unexpected death, Dana discovers a letter and takes her aunt’s advice to simply walk away from her life in Queens and return to her family farm to write herself well one more time. For over thirty years Dana’s believed the farm was sold and did her best to forget it. But what if everything in the house is frozen in time exactly the way they left it? Nothing can stop her from walking through that door.

On the road she adopts a one-eared dog and finds a new best friend in Iowan-turned-New Yorker, Stu, who’s given up designing off-Broadway sets to care for his ailing mother back in his tiny hometown. Chokecherry, her father’s beloved farm, is not at all what Dana expects and far more than she bargains for. By firelight, Malcolm reveals the cryptic history buried in the tunnel, and why the big barn strikes fear in the hearts of those who enter it. Despite its tragic past, the farm also possesses an undeniable capacity to heal the broken heart of anyone who embraces it. In fact, it seems to be a magnet for broken hearts. Just as Dana and her friends form a tight bond and rise to the challenge of helping Chokecherry realize its true potential, a supernatural ability she’s failed to repress for years, nearly kills her. Dana’s forced to fight for a life she wants—a life that finally answers her eternal question in ways she never could’ve imagined.