1968 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

The Bridesmaid - Jenny Scotti

A very good and enjoyable read with a easy plot to follow, written in simplistic language .

The story begins with the discovery of a young woman's body in the woods near a housing estate. The author then takes you back to before the murder and gives you a description, emotions and the going on's in the lives of the people who lived and knew the murdered girl. As the investigation unfolds the secrets and jealous intentions of the suspects shine through.

The real gem of this particular novel is the excellent characters that have been created and each one of them you will know in your own life. The insight of how these people think and react to each other is first class. A true reflection of life in suburbia.

As the mystery unfolds and the past secrets are unveiled it leads to open a can of worms related to a unsolved 20 year old murder. Lies, deceit, illicit love affairs and jealously are rife in this story and is full of twists and turns which makes the book a real page turner.

With short paragraphs it makes the book very easy to read and follow, the author makes you feel as if you a watching the events from afar. I really enjoyed this book especially because I could relate to the characters that the author had expertly created and with the unexpected twist.

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com