1971 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

The Long Goodbye: 2 (Johnson Family Chronicles) - Mr. James J Robinson Jr

This was a great light hearted read that made me chuckle right from the beginning as it follows the antics of a family attending a close friends wedding.

The story centres around Samuel and his wife Tabitha, Samuel's parents Maxine and Samuel Snr, not forgetting about good old Uncle Ray.  I'm sure every family must have an Uncle Ray with his loud, life and soul of the party ways.  The wedding they are attending is for the daughter of Maxine's closest friend Gail. Although there is already tension in the air before the wedding has even started as the previous wedding they attended for Gail's other daughter ended up with the bride running off with her lover before the 'I do' part.

All in not well behind the scenes of this family trip though as feelings of sadness, lack of love and affection is multiplied by drink, leading to crazy events and creating temptation.

I loved the humor throughout the story, well what I took as humor, maybe I was just enjoying the book too much!   The author's writing had the story flowing really well, it was down to earth almost familiar in some areas in the way families engage and react to each other.

There are some swear words in the story that I did feel were unnecessary but it didn't really affect the overall read.

A quick, enjoyable read that was a great tonic, I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next. I feel that there is much more to come with this family.  Looking forward to reading more from this author.

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com