1971 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

Eclair Goes to Stella's (Volume 1) - M. Weidenbenner

Eclair is a cute lovable seven year old who you cannot fail to smile and laugh along with at some of the things she thinks or says and even misunderstands, just like a typical seven year old.  She will also make you feel a little sad too but not for long as you soon start smiling again.

Eclair and her sister Meggie face a tough time as their mom has to go away because she is poorly so they have to go and live with her Grandma Stella for a while, until her dad can find another job.  It's the important issues Eclair worries about like leaving behind her BFF (best friend forever) which is her first thought!

Yet with two simple words, horse and farm, as dad tells her about Grandma Stella's farm Magical Meadows, things just seem that little bit brighter.  Stella has to be brave for now and learn to trust her Grandma and get used to her new surroundings living on the farm, you can feel her insecurities and sadness but her happiness shines through.  Animals make the greatest friends and two lost souls, Eclair and rescued horse Lightning, help each other through their new adventure in life together.

I like how the author has also included a few little animal facts within the story itself that children can pick up without even thinking about it and the sketches in each small chapter are so much fun.  The author treats you to a glimpse of the next book too, it looks like Lightning gets a new friend and maybe one for Eclair too.

A fun easy to read book that I really enjoyed , maybe that's because I'm a big kid at heart.

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com