1967 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

Island Fog - John Vanderslice

A series of short stories around Nantuckett island.  The stories are told over two hundred years starting in 1795.

The style of writing reminds of John Steinbeck and Conan Doyle, very unique and keeps the reader totally enrapt. As you follow the series the descriptive narrative paints an excellent image, the nostalgia involved in some of the tales reminds me of my childhood and as we move through the years, the changes in society and the movement of people it is very poignant. The novelist always leaves a twist to the end of the tale which provokes thought and let's you decide the possible outcome.

The interesting thing I found about this book is as we move through the ages people and their thoughts and morals stay the same even if everything else is changing around them.  The historic and geographically knowledge and research the author has put into their writing has to be commended.

Interesting tales, descriptive characters, excellent places, makes an intriguing and thought provoking read done in a new and refreshing style, which I hope will lead to more stories.  If you like good solid tales built around an interesting place with plenty to think and ponder about this is the author for you.

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com