1967 Followers

Beck Valley Books

NEW RELEASE - The Immigrant Wife: Her Spiritual Journey by Madhu B. Wangu

The Immigrant Wife: Her Spiritual Journey - Madhu Bazaz Wangu
NEW RELEASE - The Immigrant Wife: Her Spiritual Journey by Madhu B. Wangu
'a wonderful life story told so beautifully by Madhu, she has a wonderful way with words, sharing a story that is so powerful when one believes in themselves and listens to their body for their journey through life.' reviews Mammanatty

As a girl on the brink of womanhood in 1960s India, Shanti Bamzai has big dreams. Rather than enter into an arranged marriage like her sister, Shanti embarks on a journey into the unknown, leaving her family home behind for an education and a chance to chart her own destiny.

While India experiences an upheaval of cultural and societal changes as old-world traditions collide with the modern global era, Shanti navigates college, a marriage of her own choosing, and motherhood, fighting a constant battle between the pressures of traditional expectations and her own burning desire to be an artist and an independent woman.

A move to America presents exciting new opportunities, but Shanti is disappointed to find herself still hemmed in by the restrictions of her Indian upbringing. As her children become adults and her marriage becomes a shell of what it once was, Shanti must find the courage to step out of her husband’s shadow and into the life she’s always dreamed of.

Read the full review, more on the #book and author here...
Source: http://www.mammanatty.com/The-Immigrant-Wife.html