1967 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

Book Spotlight: Finding God in the Body: A Spiritual Path for the Modern West by Benjamin Riggs

Finding God in the Body: A Spiritual Path for the Modern West - Benjamin Riggs
Finding God in the Body, the new book by Benjamin Riggs is a unique and thought provoking vision of spiritual practice in the modern world. It explores the space between fundamentalism and atheism to uncover a spirituality that resonates with the Western mind and binds that view to a path of practice that introduces the reader to the God of the body.

Western religion is heavily invested in the economy of belief. On one side are those that believe their religion is the only true religion and on the other side are the nonbelievers that argue spirituality is nothing more than a relic of primitive man. Finding God in the Body moves beyond this fatuous debate to outline a spiritual path that resonates with Westerners without offending their modern sensibilities.
"This book is not only an effort to flesh out a functioning mythology for the modern West, but an attempt to infuse this mythology with a practice tradition so we may come to embody the mystery that lives within us.” ~ pg 107

Finding God in the Body has been heralded by authors and experts as a unique, necessary, and timely addition to the corpus of spiritual literature:

“This is a most remarkable, unusual, profound book that is certain to transform the spiritual lives of all who read it.” ~ Dr. Reginald Ray, author of Touching Enlightenment: Finding Realization in the Body and spiritual director of the Dharma Ocean Foundation
“In Finding God in the Body, Ben Riggs delivers a heartfelt and deeply experiential message of engaged faith.” ~ Rev. Roger Wolsey, author of Kissing Fish: Christianity for People Who Don’t Like Christianity

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/finding-god-in-body-spiritual-path-for.html