Beck Valley Books

Driving Whiskey Wild - An immense story of healing through love

Driving Whiskey Wild - Melissa Foster

There is just something about The Whiskeys and those around them, the pure love they have for each other, the bond and loyalty between them, the selfless actions they are willing to take for one another when needed makes for such a great read.  You can feel the closeness, the secure calming feeling of knowing you are a part of their group.  This and the fact that Melissa Foster makes it impossible not to fall in love with Bullet and Finlay will have you thoroughly enjoying the whole story.

Within a few pages I was already smiling at humour between Bullet and Finlay, not willing to let each other get the better of each other, like dogs with a toy, their banter is hilarious. It's definitely a case of opposites attract and the want between them is obviously undeniable, their strong connection poured from the pages. It was also impossible not feel the protective force for Finlay from Bullet from those first chapters.

As the story unfolds they end up being a source of strength for each other, both opening up and helping each other from their hurtful past, easing one anothers pain, growing stronger because of the love they share. Reading how this conflicted hunk of a man freely feeling emotions and love for the first time is years is quite emotional.  But will their love for each other be enough to win the battle of emotions they face?

I ended up doing my usual trick when I'm absolutely loving a book of thinking up excuses to keep myself busy so I could hold back from reading the last few chapters so it didn't have to come to an end, I could have happily carried on reading about Bullet, Finlay and the Whiskey family and friends. I'm so looking forward to reading Dixie's story, just imagine how many hoops those Whiskey brothers will have him skipping through just to pass the their test for approval!

They say never judge a book by it's cover, well that's totally not the case for The Whiskeys, just look at that strong muscular body of the deep dark lovable hunk of a man, Bullet, he not only has you drooling at the cover but will have your heart skipping a beat in the story too.

An immense story of healing through love and of the magic that love can bring between two people.

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com