1969 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

Book Review - Antarctic Tears: Determination, adversity, and the pursuit of a dream at the bottom of the world

Antarctic Tears: Determination, adversity, and the pursuit of a dream at the bottom of the world - Aaron Linsdau

A true life account of one man's battle against the ultimate force on planet earth, Mother Nature and her greatest creation Antarctica and the wilderness that beholds her. How many of us have had the courage to follow our ultimate dream and actually done something about it?  From a very young age our intrepid author was obsessed and driven by the drive to conquer Mother Nature and this books tells us how he achieved it.

From his childhood the author had a liking for the great outdoors, joining the scout movement and raising through their ranks learning how to survive. The determination and drive for this guy to achieve his dream of a solo walk to the South Pole is awe inspiring.

This will be loved by anyone who has a great interest in mans basic skill on how to survive the ultimate challenges that Mother Nature can throw at us. Honest and down to earth the author brings to life the images of snow storms and snow blindness along with knowing that one false step can lead to serious injury or even death. Pure grit in his deepest hour shows how far we can push the fragile human body and at times it is not the body that is the main ingredient to survive but the mental power to function and focus on one step at a time.

A book for adventures and travellers, appealing to hard core extreme sports and gave us an insight on how to focus mind and body to achieve our dreams.

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com/2018/06/lost-at-windy-corner-lessons-from.html