1967 Followers
sharonmartin

Beck Valley Books

Book Review - Please Explain Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy to Me by Laurie Zelinger and Perry Zelinger

The "O, My" in Tonsillectomy & Adenoidectomy: How to Prepare Your Child for Surgery, a Parent's Manual - Laurie Zelinger

This book is so cleverly written to not only calm parent and patient about the named operation procedures, I believe it can be applied to a number of hospital or difficult procedures. It takes you through the explanation of the operations for the above conditions, what to expect, how to carefully plan and prepare, how to explain what is going to happen, when it is going to and why it is necessary.

The book includes excellent graphics and simple text explanations to ease any parent or child who is about to undergo that operation and some great ideas to make your child feel special. Taking each step of the procedure one at a time gently preparing and reassuring your child all through the process building up their confidence and alleviating their fears as they rise, especially around the surgery and recovery.

Written by experts in their field, using their knowledge, the book is in simple format which makes total sense to a parent, with the addition of the graphic illustrations and large text is very visible it makes it appealing for the child to share with the parent.

I would highly recommend this book to any parent whose child is going to experience a hospital procedure as it will help keep you calm as you see your child relaxing about the procedure as they know exactly what is going to happen and when.

Source: http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com/2019/02/please-explain-tonsillectomy-and.html